Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Week in the Hospital and Parker is Finally Feeling a Bit Better

Well, we just might be over the hump...today is definitely better than yesterday.  Yesterday, Parker was in so much pain that he couldn't even stand without intense pain.  And he was having sweats so bad he soked his sheet.  Unfortunately, yesterday was also that final day of toradol; so he ended up getting additional morphine.  My heart was breaking for my sweet kiddo...

Systemic on-set juvenile arthritis is one mean vicious disease.  Parker's joints (feet, ankles, wrists, hands, knees, shoulders, neck, ribs, hips)  were sizzling hot yesterday and the vasculitis in his feet and ankles was pretty horrible.  The pictures below don't capture the thickness of the vessel swelling with justice and the red and purple shades of his skin were pretty intense, but they will give you a bit of a sense of what this horrible disease "looks" like.


 
 

His pericardial effusion is looking better and he does not have h-pylori.  All good news.  More labs were drawn today.  He is staying until tomorrow with hopes of being discharged.

We are thankful for the friends and family who have checked in with us and who are thinking of our son and saying prayers.  We have been taking it one day at a time.  Tomorrow will be his third shot of rilonacept so we are hoping for a bit more progress with each new sunrise.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry....I am praying for your family. Especially Parker...he is living with some serious pain and it just isn't fair the only relief he is getting is from more drugs. I realize he needs it but he deserves so much more...I am praying for healing. I know how hard this must be for you all. I have faith you both will be home soon. I love u.

    ReplyDelete